- Construction commenced for The Grand Old Duke of York in 1825 and completed in 1840.
- Was recently assessed for rating purposes as the most valuable private house in London.
- Queen Victoria is said to have remarked to the Duchess of Sutherland on arriving at Stafford House, “I have come from my House to your Palace”.
- Hosted the 10th and 17th G7 summits’ in 1984 and 1991 respectively.
- Used for filming in “The Kings Speech, Downton Abbey and The Young Victoria”.
J E Putney and Sons were awarded the contract to carry out the restoration of 3 lath and plaster ceilings throughout the building. The existing, water damaged ceilings were removed carefully to expose the original timber joists. New sawn oak laths were fixed and 3 coats of lime haired plaster were applied.