- Construction commenced in 1875 & was completed in 1876
- The rear hall was added later on in 1906 to accommodate the Sunday school for children.
- The building is locally listed as ‘significant’.
- A local woman, Emma Guerrier, had the church built and named it ‘The Memorial Hall’.
- The London Baptist property board are the trustees of the church.
J E Putney and sons were awarded the contract to renovate the main hall of the church including the re-lathing & 3 coat haired lime plaster to the pitched ceiling bays and the removal and re application of 3 coat haired lime plaster to the main wall. The decorations of these elements were also carried out by J E Putney & sons.